Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The Beautiful Struggle - the journey

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  Philippians 1:21


The end doesn’t matter, so much - 

at least if you’re talking about heaven.

Paul is right about the first part,

but I disagree about the second.

I’m not concerned about heaven,

tho’ some make it the center of their faith.

Maybe we can trust God with the after-life

and just get on with this one.

(As my father said, “If the streets are paved with gold,

I’ll be disappointed.”)

So, it’s about the journey more than the destination,

you’ve heard that before.

But what’s the journey about?

Paying attention.

Smelling the roses.

Kindness.

Faith, hope, and love.

The journey is a test, as someone said,

and the answer to every life test that you’ll ever face 

            is the same - 

                                      Christlikeness.

 

For me, to live is Christ.

 

Joe E. Lewis said,

“You only live once, but if you work it right, 

    once is enough.”

 

                                                        Cape Canaveral National Seashore Road

 

No comments:

Post a Comment