Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm Back

For the two or three readers out there who missed me, I'm back out here in the blogosphere.  To explain my recent lapse, it's enough to say I'm a Methodist preacher the bishop moved to a new appointment.  It's taken me this long to get my bearings again.

I am in a new place, new people, new town, new church, new streets --- everything is new.  I'm starting to get the hang of it but I guess I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Still, my principle tasks are the same - preach, pray, visit the sick and lonely, care for the dying, teach the children.  I still feel called to do these things.  I feel more humble about it with each passing year - "Who me?  Who am I to handle such holy things?"

I blog because I don't have opportunity to teach as much as I'd like.  I preach less frequently now because there is an associate pastor here who deserves the opportunity, plus there are more "special" Sundays filled with children's musical dramas or choral presentations.  These are all wonderful but I feel the loss of opportunities to share this blessed gospel God has laid on my soul.  Like Jeremiah I often feel it is like a fire in my bones.

So humor me a bit.  This blog gives me a chance to talk about what's burning.  So maybe there will be a few folks here and there who will tune in from time to time.  Maybe the fire will spread.  God's Word will not return empty.  Let's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment